Saturday 20 November 2010

Weekend Daydreams


After a busy week in town, it is time to escape, drift away and dream.  The beauty of a walk in a London park is that the green open spaces are fresh and free for all to enjoy.  Did you know you can walk for 2 miles through the centre of London without leaving the park?  The largest green lung in central London is Hyde Park.  The land originally belonged to the church before King Henry VIII grabbed it with his royal hands and it became his hunting ground.  Alongside Hyde Park stands Kensington Gardens which is currently enjoying the presence of 4 magnificent sculptures by the artist, Anish Kapoor.  Like objects from outer space, the shiny surfaces reflect the earth, the sky and the observer.  Looking at the world from a different perspective, you become a voyeur into a new land.  I stood in front of one of these perfect mirrors and found myself translated to another dimension.  Peer closely in the photo above and you will find me like an ant on the moon.  I regularly cross Kensington Gardens and take delight in Kapoor's forms.  I was fortunate to experience his solo exhibition at the Royal Academy of Art last year.  Recently, I enjoyed the show for a second time at the Guggenheim Museum in Barcelona.  If, like me you fall in love with his larger than life gems, I encourage you to visit the Tate Modern where his work entitled, Ishi's Light is on display.   
Happy daydreaming. XX

No comments:

Post a Comment